Retribution Falls - Chris Wooding Dead Beat  - Jim Butcher Lover at Last - J.R. Ward Asterix bei den Pikten - Jean-Yves Ferri, Didier Conrad

I'm pretty sure that I won't finish another book in the next couple of days, so my summary of the books I read this month comes a little bit early :) When I compare the last months, December was quite a slow one - I only managed to finish three books. Not really a lot, but nevertheless I completed my challenge to read 50 new (for me) books in one year. I even read 52 ;) und four mangas/graphic novels.

Lover at Last by J. R. Ward

It's the 11th book of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J. R. Ward. It's been a long time since I read the previous books, so I had a few problems identifying the characters. That made reading the book a little bit difficult, but it was really interesting to find out how those two boys finally become a couple :) 3 stars for that!

Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding

An awsome story about an airship crew that reminds me of the TV-series Firefly. When I started to compare everything to the show, it was kind of difficult to not picture the characters like the one from Firefly and Serenity. I loved the book so much, that I didn't want to read too fast, so I can have more time with it :) thankfully it's a series, so I'm really looking forward to the second book. Definitely 5 stars!!

Dead Beat by Jim Butcher

The last book I read this month is the 7th novel of the Dresden Files. It's one of the best parts - if not THE best - of the series about the wizard Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. The secondary character Waldo Butters is one of the reasons why this book is so great! 4,5 stars! Polka never dies...

Asterix bei den Pikten

I also read the newest Asterix & Obelix book! I loved what the new team did there :)

Statistics

books read: 3 (+1 comic)

genres: fantasy and science fiction

pages December: 1,530

pages 2013: 21,336

best book/worst book: I enjoyed all three books this month. Every single one was special :)