Joyland - Stephen King

Really bad news for all Stephen King and ebook reader fans out there: King decided to only publish his newest book Joyland as a paperback.

"[...] I also loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we're going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being. Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book. [...]" (source)

Because of "the aesthetics and nostalgia of the physical medium" (source) his book, which is going to be published next month, won't be available as a digital copy for now. But there is still a little hope that he hasn't entirely neglected us users of ebook readers, because he hasn't completely ruled out an ebook release at a later date.

"Maybe at some point, but in the meantime, let people stir their sticks and go to an actual bookstore rather than a digital one." (source)

Since I switched to an ebook reader some time ago I really hope that his method won't spread among other authors. It's not the money I'm worried about, but I really have no place left in my apartment for an additional bookshelf ;)

Sources